Calvary Assembly is a church full of people who have discovered the extraordinary abundance of life that comes with each of us having a personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
We started off in 1960 as a church plant by Reverend and Mrs. Fred Oliver Seaward. From 1971 to 2011, we were shepherded by Reverend Dr Patrick Lau.
Today, under the pastoral leadership of Reverend Gerald Tan, we enjoy a dynamic vibrant atmosphere of worshipping God and celebrating what He has done and is doing in our lives. Through this atmosphere of excitement and the fullness of the Holy Spirit, we receive His Word and grow in His ways. Our members wholeheartedly pursue God, lead transformed lives and desire to share His love with those around us.
As a warm and caring community, we disciple each Calvarite, and release them to serve God in their calling and destiny. Our understanding of God is reflected in the enthusiastic and vibrant nature of our church services. Through our ministries, we spread the gospel and make a difference in people’s lives
If you are looking for a home church, we warmly welcome you to join us today so that you too, can be a part of what God is doing with us in Calvary Assembly. Come and be blessed!
“God-seekers. Building Lives”
“Everyday. Everywhere. Everyone.”
This statement encapsulates everything we desire to see in Calvarites.
Who are we? God-Seekers.
What are we doing? Building Lives.
God-Seekers bring God wherever they go, and they have a desperate hunger for God with an unquenchable desire to be His Presence. When we adapt this posture, we discover who we truly are in God. This must be our default, consistent posture in our lives – in the way we read the Bible, worship and pray. This must be our attitude when we come to church and when we are not in church.
“Building Lives” then becomes the natural result of being a God-Seeker! God has called us to make a difference, to change our world, and we can do it – one life at a time. Let’s build lives – starting with our own and our family’s, followed by every life we come in contact with. Let’s see lives restored and set free, marriages healed and flourishing, families thriving, souls won to God and effectively discipled in Christ.
“God-Seekers. Building Lives” then extends into our community, our nation and to all the nations of the earth!
“Everyday, Everywhere, Everyone” speaks of an important aspect of our Christian life. There is no separation between the secular and sacred. There is no distinction between the spiritual and mundane life. All the time, no matter where we are, or what we are doing, we are 24/7 Christians whether in church, at home, in school or at work. This means everyone from the youngest to the oldest.
We invite you to join us to build this culture and to experience this call.
Let’s arise to be God-Seekers. Building Lives – Everyday, Everywhere, Everyone!
- The Bible is the inspired and only infallible and authoritative written word of God.
- There is one God, eternally existent in three persons: God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Ghost.
- In the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin Birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right of the Father, in His personal future returns to this earth in power and glory to rule a thousand years.
- In the blessed hope-the rapture of the Church at Christ’s coming.
- The only means of being cleansed from sin is through repentance and faith in the precious blood of Christ. Regeneration by the Holy Spirit is absolutely essential for personal salvation.
- In water baptism by immersion.
- The redemptive work of Christ on the cross provides healing of the human body in answering to believing in prayer.
- The baptism in the Holy Spirit, according to Acts 2:4 is given to believers who ask for Him.
- In the sanctifying power of the Holy Spirit by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a holy life.
- In the resurrection of both the saved and the lost, the one to everlasting life and the other to everlasting damnation.
About the Interim Senior Pastor, Pastor Timothy Eu
Pastor Timothy Eu is the Interim Senior Pastor of Calvary Assembly of God (Singapore), a thriving congregation with a strong missional and discipleship emphasis.
His desire is to see the mission of God accomplished all throughout the world, and for the present and future generations to catch a hold of and fulfill God’s heart for missions. He firmly believes in equipping and releasing fellow Christians to be exemplary reflections of Jesus in every area of their lives.
Pastor Timothy is married to Amanda.
PASTOR JEANNIE SIAU
Pastor Jeannie Siau is the lead pastor of the Chinese congregation. She has a passion of reaching and touching the lives of individuals with God’s love, and strongly believes in carrying out discipleship and community work.
Pastor Jeannie is married to Alan and they have two children, Gerlene and Tom.
PASTOR LYANNA TEO
Pastor Lyanna Teo oversees the Children, Prayer and Hospitality ministry. She also serves in the Senior Pastor Office. She believes that the fundamental call of every Christian is to reach out to people around them and share about God with them. Her passion is to disciple the next generation to pursue God relentlessly, walk in their God-given destiny and impact the world for Christ.
PASTOR JAY ONG
Pastor Jay Ong is serving as a ministry staff overseeing LIFE, Christian Education, Special Projects, Publicity, Ushers and Audio, Video & Lights ministries. He has a strong passion for discipling Christians to follow Jesus and for sharing God with others, and he aspires to groom a generation of well-rounded Christians to impact their world for God.
Pastor Jay is married to Audrey and they have a daughter, Danielle.
Get involved in our ministries and help our church to be more successful.